Sunday 21 September 2014

My Crochet Monkey

As mentioned in my last post, I made a monkey ear about two months ago but just couldn't settle down to finish it. Instead I made dishcloths and generally enjoyed doing other things besides crochet.
Last weekend I finally got back to monkey making in earnest. I thought it might be interesting to show my monkey making materials. I always print out the pattern and list the number of rows for each part in a little booklet so I can check them off as I go along. The little orange stitch marker is handy. It stays put and is easy to unclip and move as each row is completed. I also use polyester fiberfill, a stuffing tool, scissors, a magnetic case which is very handy for my needles and a 3.5 mm Addi Swing crochet hook. I just love the ergonomical design of the Addi Swing hooks. 
By Friday I had completed all but one arm and a tail. The end was clearly in sight. 
With the arm and tail finished this morning, all I had to do was add a face and assemble the parts. This stage is always so much fun. I love the final reveal. What do you think? Isn't he a cute little monkey? 
I considered making a vest or shorts but I think I like him just like this, oh so sweet and simple. If you would like to make one too, you can find the free pattern here.

My Crochet Monkey is happy to join all the other crochet toys in the big white basket. Here he is hanging out with his new best pals.
I got them all to pose properly for a group shot. I wonder which two will be finding a new home in Boulder soon? It will be interesting to see which ones our grandchildren choose.
It has been a busy and productive weekend. We checked off a long list of chores including closing the pool and painting the basement so I am very happy to have finished My Crochet Monkey.

Next I am looking forward to starting a crib size stripey ripple blanket following instructions from Attic24 found here. I can hardly wait to see how it looks in these colours. As always I will be sure to share a photo once I finish.
Well my husband is back from shopping with steaks for grilling and my tummy is rumbling so the blanket will have to wait for a bit. It's time to relax with a glass of wine and enjoy a delicious barbecue dinner. A perfect end to another perfect weekend.



Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below

No comments:

Post a Comment