Tuesday 29 August 2017

Another Lamb for Liam

I made another lamb for Liam. This little lamb was made using the same free pattern as all the other lambs I made this summer, only this one is teeny tiny standing only 6.5" tall. 
This little lamb was made using super fine acrylic yarn with a 2.5 mm hook instead of the usual 3.5 mm hook with worsted weight yarn. I love how changing the yarn changes the whole look and feel making each crochet creation unique. Working with yarn from my stash keeps things interesting. I am never completely sure how it's going to turn out.  
The first Little Lamb I made for Liam was 10" tall. See how different they look. The first one is perfect for squishy baby hugs while the second fits easily into baby hands. I expect Liam will love both little lambs equally.


Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure Liam will love it - in a little while....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these lambs, Beth. Do you bother to check your guage when you crochet (is that even a thing for crotcheting?) or do you just see what happens?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gauge is not important for toys. I try to use the same weight yarn for all the parts so they fit together properly.

      Delete