Friday 21 November 2014

Cute Crochet Doll

Last night I finished my first Cute Crochet Doll. Meet Miss Violet with the pretty purple braids.
Violet is perfect for little ones. She stands 7.5" (19 cm) tall and loves to ride a trike. I think she is super cute and I can't wait to make more in a rainbow of colours.

I followed a free pattern on Ravelry called "Doll in a Bear Hoodie" by Tracey MacIntyre but I made a few minor alterations. I embroidered her facial features to make her perfectly safe for little ones. I also omitted bear ears on the hoodie just because I liked her without them.  

I've included a list of supplies I used to make this doll in case you would like to make one too.

Bernat Satin - 100% acrylic worsted weight yarn in the following colours
  skin - sandstone
  hoodie - mai tai
  pants - teal
  shoes - grey mist heather
  hair - lavendar
Fiberfill stuffing
Embroidery Thread (white, green, black, pink)
3.25 mm crochet hook
Yarn needle

Remember customization is encouraged with this pattern so you can select any colours, embellishments or facial features you like to make a Cute Crochet Doll. Just have fun with it and be sure to share a photo when you finish. I'd love to see your version of this Cute Crochet Doll.


Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below.






2 comments:

  1. Oh Beth she is so cute I'm sure Evelyn would love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and colourful - AND SHE'S RIDING HER BIKE!!

    ReplyDelete