Saturday 23 January 2016

Crochet Fox Hats

I saw this pattern for a Crochet Fox Hat created by Sarah at Repeat Crafter Me ages ago, but wasn't planning on making it until our daughter 'hinted' it would be perfect for our granddaughter. Our granddaughter loves foxes. She would love a hat just like this one. How could I resist?

One of my plans for 2016 was to crochet using only yarn from my stash. Luckily, my plans are flexible because my stash was lacking fox colours.

I rushed out to Michael's to buy enough yarn for two hats. I couldn't make one for our granddaughter without also making one for our grandson. 

A few years ago, I made our grandson a snowman hat designed by Sarah at Repeat Crafter Me. I'm not sure what size I made, but it's stretchy and still fits. I made my first Fox Hat in toddler/preschool size. It looked big enough to fit our grandson, so I decided to make a slightly smaller more girly version for our granddaughter. 

I love that I now have two different looking Crochet Fox Hats to send. Let's hope I got the sizes right. 
I look forward to seeing photos of our grandchildren wearing their new hats. It would be so much fun to see their faces when they get their package in the mail. I'm sure they will be excited.

Love is ... making stuff for your grandchildren. 




Be the first to comment - click on No comments: below

3 comments:

  1. Super cute, Beth. I think that making things for the people you love is really important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute, I'm sure the kids will love then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and they will need them when they return to winter in Boulder.

    ReplyDelete